The 10 most popular new vehicles you bought last year
Despite continuing talk of economic doom and gloom, 2012 was the second best year ever for new passenger car and truck sales in Canada. In total, 1,675,675* new vehicles were sold last year — that’s up 5.7 per cent over 2011 and the most vehicles sold since a record 1.7 million in 2002.
Industry analysts are attributing last year’s near-record sales to intense competition in showroom thanks to aggressive manufacturer purchase incentives and financing options. And with such a banner year, it’s no surprise that some of the most popular models last year remained so this year. Nine out of the top 10 bestselling vehicles from 2011 returned to the 2012 list.
* Sources: DesRosiers & Associates and automaker supplied data. Based on retails sales in Canada between January 1 and December 31, 2012.
The Nissan Armada is Nissan's large, truck-based SUV. It's been around for a long time. Is it still worth considering?
Date 8 hrs ago, Duration 2:02, Views 94
More Autos Videos
Have your say
We're off to a slow start for spring, but does the warmer weather make you excited about convertible season?
Thanks for being one of the first people to vote. Results will be available soon. Check for results
- Oh yes! My convertible is garaged. Can't wait to take it out!
- I'm considering buying a convertible this year
- I love convertibles and though I don't own one, I'd like to one day
- Convertibles aren't my thing. I don't like the wind messing up my hair