Which vehicle offers the best blend of value, fuel economy and environmental friendliness?
Hybrid. Has a nice ring to it, right? Indeed, we all know it's our time to do more for the environment, and — if we're to believe all the TV spots and newspaper headlines — the best way to do that these days is to buy a hybrid car.
But all hybrids, certainly, are not created equal. How can we know which one is best? To help sort it through, MSN Autos is counting down the top-ranked hybrids based on a comprehensive survey from the Union of Concerned Scientists (UCS). Accounting for environmental impact, fuel economy and overall value, here are the 10 best hybrids on the road today.
* Environment Improvement Score measures, out of 10, the smog-forming and global warming pollutionperformance of a hybrid against its conventional counterpart.
* Bing: What is a hybrid car?
More Autos Videos
Have your say
A 1967 Shelby GT500 Super Snake sold for $1.3 million. Do you think classic cars were made better than modern rides?
Thanks for being one of the first people to vote. Results will be available soon. Check for results
- Yes, the quality of cars from the 1960s and '70s is the best
- No, modern technology makes cars better today
- Maybe, it's hard to say since most Canadians get a new car every 10 years